Only for you my little loves
- Would I let my tea go cold numerous times because you wanted me to read some stories. (My tea goes cold every time without fail, or repeatedly re-heated in the microwave! its just not the same!)
- Sleep with one half of my body hanging off the side of the bed for dear life because you wanted Mummy & Daddy snuggles as there was “a monster in your room”.
- Let you have my last Rolo – no matter how yummy they are!
- Put your Disney album on in the car almost every morning, instead of me listening to some adult conversation on the Radio, (lets face it – we all love a bit of “Bare necessities” in the morning don’t we?!)
- Would I not freak out that I have sick, snot, or goodness knows what else wiped on my jumper.
- Persist through agonising breastfeeding pain, as I know how much benefits you & I. (10 weeks on pain, open wound, thrush and mastitis with Y-M, fed her to 13months. 3 weeks of pain with H – fed to 15months, and currently feeding my little P – 8 weeks old)
- Spend the last bit of change in my pocket for a little treat for you instead of a nice *hot* chocolate for me.
- Leave the house without me having had breakfast just so you get your breakfast & get to nursery on time.
- Let you “pompidomp” (fart) near me & find it hilarious as you told me it was a helicopter one. ( bahaha)
- Tend to your thirst, hunger & toilet needs before my own.
- Paint my face, nails.
- Would I find it funny if you raided my make up bag…..red lippy & all.
- Read you all your favourite stories whilst mine are gathering dust until my next peaceful bath… (forgotten what those are like these days!)
- ….And let you bundle into that “peaceful” bath as you find it fun!
- Let your animal figures, puzzle pieces, yesterdays cheddar biscuits sit quietly on desk near my very expensive computer…
Take you to playgroups, play dates, fun things at the park so you get your social interaction.I do all these little things & more because the love I feel for you three is unconditional heart warming fuzziness. There are days where you drive me wild & leave me feeling exhausted, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! The day I became a mother I was blessed. It made me see the world with different eyes and a whole new perspective. I want to remember all of this, document, capture & preserve it all.I love you all dearly,