Our four in January 2017.

Since the very first time we began our journey of having siblings I have always photographed them. I love the feeling of not only living in the moment, really feeling it but also documenting all those moments that are ever so fleeting. I’ve found this more so not only since having more children to add to our siblings but since the starting of school for our Yve’s in September 2015, and Halle last September, it just seems that time is whizzing past at the blink of an eye and goodness me it hurts. I have always been one to document, either through photography or words, or adding in videography too, but something I think is so special is to document change every now and then, and in the case of our little siblings, its once a month. So much change can happen and to then look back over the course of the year can really feel amazing (but with tissues to hand of course).

Its now the first month of 2017, we have a 6 year old, 4 and a half year old, Phoenix will turn three at the end of the month and Élodie is 9 months old today. Our four are really becoming a tribe lately, especially now Elodie is on the move and into absolutely everything, not just that little baby who watches from a far eagerly wanting to get after them. When a new baby comes along, until they can really get stuck in I’ve often found that I take a lot of photos of my bigger three when playing as little Didi it either napping, or in the carrier, or pushchair etc but in recent months and especially the last few weeks they are all playing together so much more. The two big girls are thriving off imaginary play together, playing shops, or mums and babies, then helping each other on the skateboard, or making up registers. Something I’ve found SO sweet recently is I find them sitting on the bottom of the stairs and Yve’s will be reading a book to them – heart melt! The other day I was early for the school pick up and I saw them playing together and when it was time to go inside they had a big hug – proud Mum moment for sure. Phoenix always asks where ‘his girls’ are when they’re at school, but he is also enjoying having his baby sister all to himself during the day too. He’s such a caring little thing towards her, he makes sure she’s happy with a toy, loves to make her giggle and shares his dinosaurs with her as well.

As you can tell I love photography and documenting life, so I have so many photos not shared online but the ones i’m sharing this month are from a lovely day at home, (some days all hell breaks loose and the kids bicker and I lose my cups of tea everywhere) but this day, and more frequently lately they love to be in the play room together. Elodie squeals to make it be know she has to join them, especially on this day when they big girls found it hilarious to put every. single. dressing up outfit on Halle – only for her to get stuck but it was all fun for the best part! in one corner you’ll usually find one playing lego, the other you’ll find some deep conversations at the shopping checkout and in the centre you’ll now find a small person climbing and pulling the contents out of the boxes, best game ever apparently. As long as they’re playing happily – the mess can wait. We do encourage putting things away before others come out of course but when you turn around and see this…. a freeze frame was definitely needed!

They make me ever so happy.januarylittlejampotlife1dressingupjan2017-1cheesefacejan17january2017I’m thrilled to tell you guys that as of this month I am going to be co-hosting the Siblings Project. I’ve always loved taking regular photos of my little ones together and it feels just right to be joining something so meaningful and really hits my heart. Projects like these are so special because it brings like-minded people with the same passion together and to share their love of documenting their families. So i’m happy to be joining the lovely ladies Lucy, Kerri-Anne, Katie, Carie, Amber and Donna so make sure you check out their posts and do pop by some of the ones linked up below!

If you’re sharing via Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #siblingsproject so we can all have a look at your wonderful images and share the love.

Related Posts

22 Discussion to this post

1. I love to see children doing imaginary play, its so wonderful to see. Such lovely photos of your four and they will change so much over this year, I look forward to seeing it x

2. Lucy says:

These are GORGEOUS Natalie, so incredibly fun and playful, just like siblings should be. And I’m so thrilled to have you on the team too this year, it’s true there is something so lovely about joining together with people who share your passions. x

• Natalie @ little Jam Pot Life says:

Thank you, I couldn’t resist when I saw them like this, the video I got is even more hilarious cue lots of their best faces! Thank you for having me, it’s a great project xx

3. Oh what lovely photos. The dressing up is a lovely idea and also good that Elodie can join in now 🙂 we are due number 3 soon and I always think photographing 2 is hard enough-you are my tribe role model 😉

• Natalie @ little Jam Pot Life says:

Ah thank you, I find the best photos I take are when they’re in deep play mode! Congratulations on number three! x

4. Jenny says:

Oh these are so beautiful and so much fun going on here. You did well to photograph them all together. I have a hard time with just two. hahahaha Lovely snap to start off the siblings project this year. #siblingsproject

• Natalie @ little Jam Pot Life says:

Thank you Jenny, It can be tricky but I just love it when they’re in the zone and just find myself snapping away lol x

5. Carie says:

Oh they are just gorgeous – I love Elodie’s face, what a little sweetheart! It’s that wonderful stage when you know they’re only going to get closer together and more fun, how wonderful to be on the cusp of such adventures 🙂

6. Such lovely happy captures and it really seems like they are in a groove with each other just now x

7. Such fun photos of them all. Looks like they’re having great fun together. #siblingsproject

8. Just gorgeous fun-filled shots… And I love that Halle is wearing every single outfit, just the sort of thing my number 2 would do too! Hilarious! So excited for you to be on the siblings team… What a great opportunity! Looking at these makes me so excited to have our fourth, and if it turns out to be a girl, we’ll have exactly the same line-up as you!

9. Oh these photos are just gorgeous and I am completely in love with your kids’ names by the way! Elodie would have been on my list for Martha had we not been so set on her name. Thanks for hosting, this is my first year joining in with #SiblingsProject and my heart is warm and fuzzy already!xx

10. Ah that first photo is super-special, one for a frame I think! You have such lovely little ones, they are all so lucky to have one another 🙂 #siblings

11. So glad to have another family to follow along with each month! Your tribe are just perfect!

12. These are such gorgeous pics — that black and white one is a framer Natalie!! Such a beautiful capture. Congratulations on hosting — lovely news 🙂 Cxx #SiblingsProject

13. Donna says:

Your children are so beautiful Natalie. They look like they are just so close – and a tribe is a great word for them. I am sure they will be so close and so ‘together’ always x

14. Oh I just love these photos so so much! I’m going to have to stay away from your blog or they’ll be a fourth addition to our clan before long, as if I wasn’t already tempted, your four are so sweet! xx

15. Oh how gorgeous they are, they look like they are having so much fun!